THE VILLAGE CHURCH

   

Wootton Courtenay All Saints Church

Click above to access Church and parish information, service times and contact details for All Saints', Wootton Courtenay in the Church of England Diocese of Bath & Wells.


The Church of All Saints is at the centre of the village, both literally and metaphorically.  It is part of the Dunster Benefice of six parishes led by the Rector, the Reverend Caroline Ralph, and it is Wootton Courtenay’s focus for Christian worship around the ecclesiastical calendar. 

There are additional special services for the major religious commemorations of Easter, Harvest, Remembrance and Christmas; and we also hold regular Songs of Praise services where the congregation are encouraged to choose their favourite hymns.  Coffee after services is very much part of the church programme, and everyone is welcome. The church is of course used for weddings and funerals, and more occasionally for community events like concerts and exhibitions.

The earliest parts of the church date from about 1250 (the register of vicars begins in 1311), but the majority is fifteenth or sixteenth century.  The age of the church brings its own special problems of upkeep, and the Parochial Church Council aims to maintain a regular programme of fund-raising events, often held in the village hall – these are generally popular with local residents and well supported.


Contacts:

Mike Smith
(Churchwarden) 01643 841146
Rosemary Hoyte
(Churchwarden) 01643 841162
Patrick Hoyte
(PCC Secretary and Treasurer)  01643 841162


FOR HISTORICAL INFORMATION (click on each heading)

A Short History of All Saints Church

Photographs (4)

CHURCH HISTORICAL DATA

CHURCHYARD CROSS (photo shows similar Cross to that which existed)

THE CHURCHYARD YEW TREE











Community Web Kit provided free by BT
Cookie Policy | Charity Number: 304686